myprometheanfire said: Top 5 spots to read a book Oxford
1-5. This exact spot in the Duke.
But since I’m assuming you mean places for someone who’s there as a tourist and not as a student…
1. Exeter College Fellows Garden. There’s a spot right here that’s up at the level of the college walls where there’s a bench you can sit on and look into Radcliffe Square.
2. Pretty much anywhere in Christ Church Meadow if it’s a pretty day. Invest in a waterproof picnic blanket, find a spot on the grass, read.
3. If it’s a rainy day and you can’t sit in Christ Church Meadow, go to Cafe Loco and have tea and cakes and read your book.
4. Also if it’s rainy, go to the Caffe Nero inside Blackwell’s Bookshop on the Broad. Alternatively, hit up the Buttery across from Balliol College’s entrance and sit next to the cross in the middle of the street commemorating where the Oxford Martyrs were burned! :D
5. Another awesome teashop is the Morton’s in New Inn Hall Street (across from my beloved St Peter’s <3). The little building is very ancient and tiny and wonderful and oh god I miss Oxford so much I’m gonna go sob in my office now
One day I WILL visit Oxford and find these places!